Monday, January 3, 2011

Out With Old – In With The New

Image: Challenge: Always set the trail, never follow the path. (Image source: the Internet)

So this is Christmas, and what have we done?
Another year over, and a new one just begun.
~ John Lennon (Happy Christmas/War Is Over)


Whew! That’s it, another year done and dusted, and a new year now underway. The saying, Time flies when you’re having fun, comes to mind here, and I have certainly had a lot of fun travelling and relaxing, writing and contemplating, and plotting and planning.


The traditional thing to do at this time of the year is to draw up a list of New Year’s Resolutions, most of which are quickly forgotten or lost along the way as life, work, and the daily grind keep plans and dreams on hold until at best, the following year or at worst, indefinitely.


I’m pleased to say I have pretty much left work and the daily grind behind, but then – have I? Maybe I have simply swapped paid work with the unpaid work – and some days it does feel like work – of writing for this blog. And even when it doesn’t feel like work, it is definitely unpaid. Not only that, but I am currently researching and planning to launch this blog as a website in its own right. I have already secured the rights to the domain name www.compleattraveller.com, and I am now trying to get my head around the whole process and logistics of setting up and maintaining a regular website.


Since I am still travelling, and will be for another couple of months, this process may be completed later rather than sooner, but when the transformation finally takes place the Compleat Traveller will have entered a new phase in its short life.


As the image illustrating this entry suggests, it is going to be a real challenge for me to make the transition from blog to website, but then what is life if not a constant series of challenges?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments, Thoughts and Feedback is encouraged.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...